Being in a position to teach and train other aviation enthusiasts, certainly brings considerable satisfaction to any pilot, while at the same time it will enhance his/her own abilities and experience.
We are glad to offer you an approved EASA FI (A) rating. The rating is added on any valid JAA/EASA licence.
Griffon Aviation offers initial FI (A) training, CRI (SE & ME) Ratings as well as Flight Instructor Revalitations and Renewals.
In order to start the course the following pre-requisites shall be met (FCL 915.FI):
- Shall hold at least a CPL (A); or
- Shall hold at least a PPL (A) and have met the requirements for the CPL theoretical knowledge except for an FI (A) providing training for the LAPL (A) only; and have completed at least 200 hours of flight time on aeroplanes or TMGs, of which 150 hours as PIC
- Shall have completed at least 30 hours on single-engine piston aeroplanes, of which at least five hours shall have been completed during the six months preceding the pre-entry flight test for the FI (A) training course
- Shall have completed at least 20 hours of cross country as pilot-in-command, including a VFR cross-country flight of at least 540km (300nm) in the course of which full stop landings at two different aerodromes shall be made.
- Hold a valid medical certificate issued in accordance with Part-MED
- Have received at least 10 hours of instrument flight instruction in aeroplanes, of which no more than 5 hours must be instrument ground time (simulator)
- Show evidence of English language proficiency at least equal to ICAO Level 4
Pre-Entry Flight Test
Applicants for an FI (A) training course shall pass a specific pre-entry flight test with an FI (A) qualified to administer such a test, in order to demonstrate their ability to undertake the course.
As per Part-FCL 1.340, the course consists of at least 30 hours of flight training, of which 25 hours shall be dual flight instruction. The remaining 5 hours may be mutual flying (that is, two applicants flying together to practice flight demonstrations). In addition to the flying training, 125 hours of theoretical training must be completed, comprising of flight briefings/ de-briefings and theoretical demonstrations. Upon completing the FI (A) course an applicant for an FI (A) certificate shall pass an Assessement of Competence (AoC) in aeroplane to demonstarte to an examiner qualified in accordance with Part-FCL the ability to instruct a student pilot to the level required for the issue of the relevant license, rating or certificate.
The FI (A) course is usually completed on the C150/152 but any other aircraft of the fleet may be used upon applicant’s request.
Credits from previous experience
In accordance with article 8 of EU Regulation 1178/2011, a pilot who holds a licence issued by an ICAO contracting state that includes instructional priviledges may receive credit towards the flight and/or theoretical knowledge training for a Part-FCL instructor certificate. Any credit given will be determined by the Authority on the basis of a recommendation from the Head of Training.
Course Duration - Cost
Course Duration: 4-6 Weeks on a full time basis but can be stretched over a longer period of time.
Price: €7320,including VAT, aeroplane, instructor and landing fees where applicable.
Should you require any further information related to this course, please do not hesitate to contact us.